Weddings are special events that deserve to be captured in all their glory. The right photo booth might seem like a small detail among the many decisions you’ll have to make while planning your wedding. However, it can dramatically affect your overall wedding experience. In addition to providing guests with fun entertainment, a photo booth captures candid moments that might otherwise go unnoticed.
Booth setup and size
- Space requirements – Check your venue’s dimensions before ordering the booth. The size of the booth will determine whether it should be enclosed or open.
- Backdrop – Check if backdrops are customized or if you provide your own. Choose colors and graphics that match your wedding style.
- Configuration – Will guests sit or stand in the booth? It determines how many fit comfortably at once.
- Photo quality – Review sample photos taken in similar lighting conditions to your event. Ensure good photo resolution and clarity.
- Special effects – Many booths offer customized graphics, green screen, slow-motion video, and more. Decide which high-tech features you want.
- Print capabilities – Instant printing is essential. Your booth should produce print quality photos quickly enough to satisfy the demands of your guests.
- Props – Funny hats, masks, signs, etc. Keep guests entertained in line and make photos more dynamic.
- Digital copies – Once the photos are downloaded, you will want all the files. Verify you get high-res digital copies included.
- Albums, scrapbooks – See if you upgrade to a printed photo album or scrapbook after the event.
- Social media sharing – Sharing the photos digitally should be fast and simple. Look for easy social media integration.
- Experience – Choose an experienced company with a track record of reliable service at weddings.
- Attendant – Guests are assisted by a snap-booth attendant. It adds ease for attendees.
- Contract – Review contract terms carefully and clarify any questions. Lock in agreements in writing.
Researching options thoroughly and evaluating the above criteria will help you hire a wedding photo booth company that delivers great service and captures lasting memories.
Additional vendor considerations
When vetting potential photo booth companies, here are a few other factors to keep in mind:
- Pricing and packages – Get quotes from multiple vendors and clarify what each price tier includes.
- Set-up and tear-down – Find out if labor fees apply for event set-up/tear-down and if the company provides cables, stands, etc.
- Liability insurance – Reputable vendors will carry insurance to protect you from liability claims. Ask for proof of coverage.
- Contingency planning – Ask about backup equipment and plans if the photo booth has technical issues at the event.
- Reviews and references – Check online reviews and request references from past clients before signing any contracts.
Choosing the right wedding photo booth vendor for your big-day vision and budget will be a matter of thoroughly evaluating the service quality and operational factors. Clarify the timeline for receiving digital copies and additional products after the event. The guests will enjoy the memories sooner if you share them promptly.